Welcome to RockyGlaciers.co.uk
- The site provides an outreach platform for research on debris-covered glaciers (though not exclusively), related scientific methods, research expeditions, and accessible outreach materials.
- Content is added and updated as it is developed.
- The Explore section features easily accessible overview content and the Understand section develops key concepts in the context of the scientific literature. The Expeditions and Blog sections will be updated as our research progresses.
- Contributions are welcome so please get in touch.
- If you would like further information on an aspect of our research or to suggest content you would like to see on the website please get in touch.
- All our content may be used for educational purposes. If you found something useful we'd love to hear from you.
Khumbu Glacier information sheet (two pages):
Interact with this ice cliff in 3D here:
Glacier surges and rapid terminus advance, including:
A previously unreported glacier terminus advance in the Everest Region
Surging glaciers in the Karakorum